Sunday, October 9, 2011

A new blog

Hello faithful readers,
After a little debate, and much thought, I've decided to start a new blog. This one was a little meandering, and unfocused. I want to write something with a bit more...well, focus.
I'm many things:
A wife, a mother, a Christ follower, a writer, an actress, a woman, and a geek.
So, I want to write a blog that embraces all these things, mixes them up, and serves up some good verbal food for thought, debate, laughs, tears and so on.
Sarah Laughed was necessary because after Rosalind was born I was trying to figure out who I was in the midst of this major change in my life. No longer was just my husband and I, it was he and I and this beautiful, mysterious, all consuming little person.  It's been hard to figure out how to be me while being a mother because so much of my life has been turned on it's ear in service to my darling daughter. I don't begrudge her any of this, on the contrary. I feel that becoming a mother has helped me find a more authentic self than I have before. I've had to examine why I believe things, what I want to pass onto Rosalind, and why.  And through the course of all that, discover things about myself that I never saw before. And it's because of this that I feel that a new, fresh blog is in order. Hopefully this will be something lasting, something that will have the elasticity to grow with me. Sarah Laughed was created to be a bit too focused on life after infertility and pregnancy, when in reality my life has such a broader scope than that.
I hope you will come along with me. We'll be discussing books, of course. Movies, TV, web series, comics, games, motherhood, wifedom, the stresses of trying to be an Indie film/web series producer, the new horizons of being an author, and hopefully so much more.

The new blog is called "Free to be a Geek" and I hope you'll venture over there when you have time. you can read any blog, I hope you feel mine has a little something for you so you'll keep coming back, and tell your friends about it.

Thanks for following, me thus far.  The journey has just begun.







No comments:

Post a Comment